Install Jellyfin on your system with the installation method for your platform.
Edit the web configuration and adjust the options to fit your desired privacy level.
- Our defaults sacrifice some absolute self-hosting for often requested features.
- If this is concerning, please review the documentation and edit accordingly.
http://SERVER_IP:8096to access the included web client.
Follow the initial setup wizard.
- Libraries and users can always be added later from the dashboard.
- Remember the username and password so you can login after the setup.
Secure the server with a method of your choice.
- Create an SSL certificate and add it on the Networking page.
- Put your server behind a reverse proxy.
- Only allow local connections and refrain from forwarding any ports.
Enjoy your media!